SEMINAR – Thursday, April 7, 2011
As workforces become increasingly global, it is crucial for employers to be aware of the different ways that workplace disputes are resolved in different countries. Proskauer’s International Labor & Employment Group invites clients and friends to attend an overview of global workplace dispute resolution. The speakers from our offices in China, France, the United Kingdom and the United States, shared their experiences and perspectives from their own jurisdiction, as well as provided an overview of other countries, including Brazil, Germany, South Africa and Spain. The aim of the session was to focus on important practical issues (especially those that can catch U.S. lawyers by surprise) and emerging trends, including issues such as:
- What options are available for resolving workplace disputes (e.g., courts, arbitration and mediation)?
- Are there specialist forums for resolving workplace disputes, and must different types of workplace disputes be resolved in different forums?
- How long does the dispute resolution process take, and can you recover your costs?
- How are damages assessed?
- What trends are we seeing in the way in which workplace disputes are, in fact, being resolved?